H. Aldervan Daly, CFRE
Dedicated results-oriented and strategic fundraising professional with a master's degree specializing in fundraising and marketing with experience in leading successful development and advancement initiatives. Proven track record of managing teams of different sizes, restructuring fundraising departments, and implementing effective strategies to increase funding. Recognized for successfully raising millions in support for various non-profit organizations.
- Developed and executed comprehensive fundraising practices through strategic planning that aligned program and fundraising with organizational goals.
- Implemented data-driven approaches to identify and cultivate donor relationships using segmentation and research through organizations' CRM.
- Successfully diversified funding streams through targeted individual and foundation campaigns and initiatives.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Led and motivated a team of six, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture in the areas of individual giving, major giving, foundation, and government contracts.
- Instigated effective communication strategies in a hybrid environment to ensure team cohesion and productivity.
- Focused on professional development to enhance team skills and capabilities.
- Spearheaded the restructuring of Individual Giving programs, resulting in increased donor engagement and contributions ranging from 20% to 40% increases year over year.
- Applied personalized stewardship initiatives to strengthen relationships with individual donors. Created retention rates in the 80% range.
- Developed and executed targeted campaigns for donor acquisition, renewal, and planned giving. Increasing lifetime giving in each area.
- Led major donor programs, cultivating and stewarding relationships with high-impact donors. Acquiring multiple gifts in the six-figure range.
- Established effective communication channels to keep major donors engaged and informed. Using personal and organizational outreach to maintain relationships and increase donor connection to the organization's mission.
- Managed foundation solicitation and reporting processes, achieving success in securing critical support. Working closely with grant writers increased both restricted and unrestricted support from both restricted and unrestricted sources.
- Expanded foundation support through proactive relationship-building with program areas and finding strategic alignment with funders.
Board Recruitment and Engagement:
- Managed end-to-end Board Recruitment processes, resulting in the addition of six new members.
- Implemented strategies to enhance Board engagement, including increasing regular communication and setting participation expectations in key initiatives.
- Led efforts to increase Board member giving to levels appropriate to the organization's budget.
Marketing and Branding:
- Oversaw all aspects of media, branding, and marketing operations, enhancing organizational visibility and increasing public awareness.
- Created new and maintained consistent brand identity across various platforms and throughout the organizations.
Event Planning and Execution:
- Conceptualized and executed multiple successful fundraising events, including large-scale galas, cocktail parties, and house parties.
- Managed all aspects of event planning, from logistics to donor engagement strategies.
- Ensured seamless execution and post-event evaluation for continuous improvement.
- Worked closely with event consultants to ensure that the events met income and expense goals while properly representing the organization's place in the City.
NYU George H. Heyman, Jr. Center for Philanthropy and Fundraising
Adjunct Professor “Integrating Multiple Data Channels in Fundraising,” “Technology and Fundraising,”
“Quantity and Quality a Perspective on Metrics”
Guest Lecturer at numerous conferences and symposiums
NYU Planned Giving Continuing Education New York, NY
Virginia Tech MFA Arts Administration Development/Marketing Blacksburg, VA
Rhodes College BA International Relations Memphis, TN